The Fluffy Brow Blend
The fluffy brow blend is a method using two different semi permanent techniques to create fluffy hair like fronts of the brow that blend gradually into a sharper appearing arch and tail, the arch and tail of the brow is done using a machine to implant small amounts of pigment under the skin in a pixel/shading effect. The fronts of the brow are done with a traditional hand held microblade where small hair like strokes are etched into the first layer of the skin.
Is this the treatment for me?
The fluffy brow blend works with every brow style, wether you have sparse brows, thin brows or bold brows the results are great. For those of you with oily skin that aren’t able to get a full microblade eyebrow but still wants to achieve a natural-ish effect the fluffy brow blend is a great alternative for you. However I always think those that benefit best for this treatment are those that lack the natural hair growth.
We cannot treat you if:
- You have diabetes
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have glaucoma or taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin, warfarin)
- You have skin diseases such as psoriasis or eczema on the face
- You have transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- You have a haemophilia
- You have healing disorders or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You are on any skin medication such as Accutane or steroids
- You have active skin cancer
- You are undergoing radiotherapy or chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- You have epilepsy
- You have a pacemaker or major heart problems
- You had Botox in the last 2 weeks
- You have previous pigment (it’s likely you’ll need removal first, please send us a photo before booking)
What to expect after your treatment:
At the point of the reveal when you see your new brows for the first time, the colour will appear more vibrant, warmer toned and darker in colour, however still very luxurious.
During the first 48hrs your brows will oxidise and the colour will become darker and the brow will appear bolder.
After this stage is complete the flaking of the brow will begin, this can continue for the full 2 weeks or be over with within 48 hours this flaking stage is described as dandruff of the brow, beaware not to pick, scratch or pull at the flaking and let it come away from the brow naturally.
Once the flaking has stopped your brows may appear extremely light at first, the colour is still settling into your skin at this point. At 4 weeks you will see the true colour settled and healed in your skin.
Try not to panic during the healing process, trust the process and know that it’s all normal.
How long will the fluffy brow blend last?
The fluffy brow blend lasts 2-3 years but an annual boost is recommended to keep the colour fresh.
THE BEST WAY IS TO NOT DO MUCH!
Please read all aftercare instructions on this page to make sure you can commit to this brow journey, especially the first 10 days. How you take care of your fresh brows greatly affects the healed outcome.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
NO MOISTURE! NO WATER! NO SWEAT! NO SUN! For 10 days.
The best results come from the “Do Nothing” or “Dry Healing” method. The absolute best results come from keeping your brows extremely DRY for the next 10 days! Keeping them dry makes them retain more detail, better color, and more crisp strokes, so they come out sophisticated once healed! It sounds annoying and hard work! but can be done if you’re dedicated. Here’s how…
- For the first 4 hours after the procedure dab the brows with a clean dry cotton pad or tissue. This is to make sure of no lymphatic liquid is remaining on the surface of the brow.
- Keep your face directly out of the shower stream & do your best to carefully wash hair and keep face as dry as possible. Also make sure showers aren’t to hot as too much steam can harm brows as well.
- Due to the front of your brow being Microbladed the first 7 days are important as this method is a form of cut, you will need to cleanse the brow area softly with a clean cotton pad and distilled water. Do this every morning and night to keep the brow clean. (A fingers width from the front, keeping the arch and tail dry).
- When washing your face, be sure not to splash water onto your face like we normally do. Instead use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to wash AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry!
- Do not apply any make up or moisturiser to either your brow or your forehead for AT LEAST 2 weeks.
- No heavy exercising or sweating for at least 10 days post procedure. If you want the best color and detail retention, this is crucial.
- After 2 weeks you may wash your face normally, including your brows! with a gentle face wash, such as Cetaphil. ( make sure for all your facial products to be oil free for longer lasting brows)