The Sophisticated Brow
The sophisticated brow is a form of microblading done to mimic your natural hair growth, Brow Sophistication creates a brow that looks super realistic with the finest hair strokes done with a nano needle. Vegan friendly and Organic pigment is inserted into the very first layer of your skin. Essentially microblading is a form of wound so this treatment must only be carried out on normal or dry skin to maintain the crispness of the strokes.
Is this the treatment for me?
The sophisticated brow has the best results on those with fine hair in texture (course hair is not ideal) thin, sparse or no eyebrow hair. If you have bold brows already this treatment isn’t going to benefit you, and you are best to go with the Luxè brow.
We cannot treat you if:
- You have diabetes
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have glaucoma or taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin, warfarin)
- You have skin diseases such as psoriasis or eczema on the face
- You have transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- You have a haemophilia
- You have healing disorders or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You are on any skin medication such as Accutane or steroids
- You have active skin cancer
- You undergoing radiotherapy or chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- You have epilepsy
- You have a pacemaker or major heart problems
- You had Botox in the last 2 weeks
- You have previous pigment (it’s likely you’ll need removal first, please send us a photo before booking)
What to expect after your treatment:
At the point of the reveal when you see your new brows for the first time, the colour will appear more vibrant, darker in colour, however still very sophisticated.
During the first 48hrs your brows will oxidise and the colour will become darker and the brow will appear bolder.
After this stage is complete the flaking of the brow will begin, this can continue for the full 2 weeks or be over with within 7 days, this flaking stage is described as dandruff of the brow, beaware not to pick, scratch or pull at the flaking and let it come away from the brow naturally.
As each hair stroke heals individually you can experience some patches but this is to be expected and will be fixed at your 6/8 week touch up session included in your treatment price.
Once the flaking has stopped your brows may appear extremely light at first, the colour is still settling into your skin at this point. At 4 weeks you will see the true colour settled and healed in your skin.
Try not to panic during the healing process, trust the process and know that it’s all normal.
How long will the sophisticated brow last?
Microblading on normal or dry skin will remain in the skin crisp and hair like for around 12 months and then will need to be refreshed.
THE BEST WAY IS TO NOT DO MUCH!
Please read all aftercare instructions on this page to make sure you can commit to this brow journey, especially the first 10 days. How you take care of your fresh brows greatly affects the healed outcome.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
NO MOISTURE! NO WATER! NO SWEAT! NO SUN! For 10 days.
The best results come from the “Do Nothing” or “Dry Healing” method. The absolute best results come from keeping your brows extremely DRY for the next 10 days! Keeping them dry makes them retain more detail, better color, and more crisp strokes, so they come out sophisticated once healed! It sounds annoying and hard work! but can be done if you’re dedicated. Here’s how…
- For the first 4 hours after the procedure dab the brows with a clean dry cotton pad or tissue. This is to make sure of no lymphatic liquid is remaining on the surface of the brow.
- Microblading is a form of cut remember so for the first 7 days post microblading you will need to cleanse the brow area softly with a clean cotton pad and distilled water. Do this every morning and night to keep the brow clean.
- Keep your face directly out of the shower stream & do your best to carefully wash hair and keep face as dry as possible. Also make sure showers aren’t to hot as too much steam can harm brows as well.
- When washing your face, be sure not to splash water onto your face like we normally do. Instead use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to wash AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry!
- Do not apply any make up or moisturiser to either your brow or your forehead for AT LEAST 2 weeks If your skin starts to feel tight and dry around day 7 post treatment, you can use the smallest amount of vasaline IF NEEDED to gently moisturize the area once every couple of days.
- No heavy exercising or sweating for at least 10 days post procedure. If you want the best color and detail retention, this is crucial.
- After 2 weeks you may wash your face normally, including your brows! with a gentle face wash, such as Cetaphil. ( make sure for all your facial products to be oil free for longer lasting brows)